Citizen participation in Toulouse's neighbourhoods is a lever for neighbourhoods
The city of Toulouse's citizen participation platform was launched with Open Source Politics in May 2020. This platform brings together all of the city's and the metropolis' consultations to involve Toulousans in the life of their neighbourhood.
The support of Open Source Politics
Toulouse City Council wanted to change its participatory platform to create more modular processes. Since they wanted to continue using open source software, they turned to our team. Our experience in setting up participatory budgets and localised participatory processes, as well as the possibility of carrying out custom developments, convinced them to work with us.
The Toulouse platform was a challenge for our team. We recovered the data from the city's former participation platform, i.e. the contributions of almost 4,000 users, as well as more than forty consultations! Together with the Toulouse City Council, we took up this challenge and the platform has now found its place in the daily lives of the inhabitants.
How we deployed Decidim
- To make the participation in Toulouse benefit from new functionalities and new participative spaces;
- Organise the consultations according to the neighbourhoods of the inhabitants, to target the populations concerned and give the inhabitants the chance to express themselves on local issues;
- Display the consultations on an interactive map on the home page, where you can see the neighbourhoods concerned and be referred to the consultation of direct interest;
- Organise a participatory budget, with stages that can be consulted throughout the process, and a gauge that indicates the status of the projects selected. This allows transparency between the inhabitants and their city;
- Linking residents even more closely to their neighbourhood, by allowing them to subscribe to news from their neighbourhood, and to receive dedicated newsletters.
IS Project Manager - Department of Territorial Action - Toulouse Métropole :
"I salute the remarkable support of the publisher, especially Pauline Bessoles, a true privileged interlocutor on the Toulouse project, who showed patience, reactivity and strength of proposal at all times.
Congratulations to all for this beautiful joint production! «
Assistant Citizen Participation Process- Direction of Territorial Action-Toulouse Métropole :
" Based on its experience of an experimental platform for 2 years, the Toulouse City Council has chosen to develop its digital participation tool with DECIDIM. Launched on 29 April 2020, in full confinement, the citizen participation platform www.jeparticipe.toulouse.fr appears to be a response to the issues of transparency, representativeness of the public and proximity with the inhabitants. A real opportunity to renew and revitalize democracy. »
Open Source Politics
RCS Paris 820 412 161
32 rue des Cascades
75020 Paris (France)