Junior System Administrator / DevOps
Are you looking for a meaningful work experience that will have an impact on our democratic system? The Open Source Politics team welcomes you for a concrete internship or work-study contract, in contact with pioneering approaches to citizen participation.
Presentation of the company
Open Source Politics is one of the French leaders in the growing civic tech sector. For more than three years, we have been assisting more than eighty institutions and major private players in their digital consultations and participatory budgets, thanks to Decidim(2nd prize for the most innovative open source project of the European Commission), the large-scale open source platform for citizen participation used in some twenty countries.
As a true ecosystem company, we defend with our partners in France and abroad a certain vision of digital participatory democracy based on transparency, collaboration, respect for privacy and accessibility.
If you are looking for a first Tech for Good experience, you have come to the right place!
Description of the mission
As part of a fast-growing team of 25 people and in close contact with our technical team of 10 people, you will be responsible for :
- Managing an IaaS IT estate
- Deploying application environments (Ruby on Rails stack)
- Implementing a DevOps approach within the company
- Create / Improve automation procedures
- Drafting of technical documentation
- You have an eye for well-developed work processes based on Agile and management tools such as Github.
- You have a first experience in system administration or development and you are interested in the Devops culture
- You have a desire to grow in competence, to master complex infrastructures and to discover the collaboration on an open source project of international scope.
- You are curious and want to discover new tools and the latest technologies.
- You write in English (C1 or C2 level);
- You want to give meaning to your work by joining a project that is part of the Tech for Good movement, which promotes free software and encourages democratic renewal.
The tech stack
- Ubuntu 20.04
- Ruby on Rails(Github of the Decidim framework, Decidim website)
Whatever you want!
Form of contract and remuneration
- Contract: end-of-study internship or sandwich course
- Duration: 6 to 24 months
- Availability: September 2021
- Remuneration: legal + 50% of the transport ticket
- Possibility of employment or assignments at the end of the contract
- Premises: Incubator Soleillet, 14 rue Soleillet, Paris 20ème.
Send your application (CV + introduction email) to firstname.lastname@example.org